The Pinevale Elementary School Library Media Center is an integral part of the instructional program and the intellectual heartbeat at this school. Our mission is to to support the curriculum and to ensure that students and faculty are effective 21st century users of ideas and information.
Media Center Goals:
The goals of the Pinevale Media Center is:
- To stimulate and guide students in all phases of their reading that they may become lifelong readers and learners.
- To provide resources which enable students to understand and appreciate the value of cultural diversity.
- To provide resources that develop necessary skills for becoming responsible, productive, and technologically literate members of society.
- To promote instructional partnerships with teachers in the learning process.
The objectives of the Pinevale Media Center are:
- Increase awareness and visibility of the media center program within the school environment and the community.
- Promote participation among students in the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl (HRRB).
- Provide special promotion reading incentives.
- Increase faculty participation in the Media Committee to aid in the overall direction of the media center.
- Provide technology support (hardware/software) to the faculty, staff, and students.
- Promote school-wide recycling through the printer cartridge recycling program.
- Manage and update the Pinevale Elementary School website (pinevale.gocats.org/)